Permanent Contract(8.75 Hours p/w)
Elms Bank School, Manchester
Welfare Support Assistant
Normal place of work: Elms Bank, although you may be asked to contribute towards trust wide projects.
Normal working hours: Monday to Friday 11.35am to 1.20pm
The post is 8.75 hours per week term time only.
The trust, on behalf of Elms Bank School, are seeking to appoint highly motivated, committed, and enthusiastic Welfare Support Assistant who can join a team of dedicated professionals. You will be part of an excellent team and provided with extensive support that will enable you to develop to your full potential both in this role and beyond.
Our pupils are aged 11 to 19 years, with a diverse range of learning disabilities (PMLD, SLD, MLD, SEMH), combined with medical conditions, physical disabilities, visual impairment, hearing impairment, and/ or autism.
This rewarding work includes supervising pupils at lunchtime to ensure their safety, welfare and good conduct, assisting with feeding when necessary and attending to pupils’ personal care requirements.
A number of our Welfare Support Staff have gone on to develop their career and are now working as Teaching Assistants in the classroom. This is an ideal opportunity for applicants wishing to start a career in special education.
In return we can offer you:
• An opportunity to work within an inclusive and values driven organisation.
• Extensive support to develop your potential in this forward-thinking trust at an exciting time in our development.
• An opportunity to be part of a team of welcoming, dedicated and hardworking individuals.
• A true commitment to Continuing Professional Development with access to over 180 courses via the National College.
• Healthcare in the palm of your hand with Medicash, a Health Cash Plan that is paid for by the Trust and gives access to a range of benefits to support your wellbeing including:
o Covering the costs towards optical, dental and alternative therapy treatments such as Reflexology, Reiki and Indian head massage.
o Health screening, discounted gym memberships and a large range of retail discounts.
o Support with mental health, including access to 8 in person counselling sessions.
o Virtual GP - Accessible by smart phone or computer, same day appointments available at a time that suits you.
Children can be added for free and share your Medicash benefits.