Hazel Wood High School
Hazel Wood High School, Bury
Casual Examinations Invigilator Vacancies
Required for May 2024
Normal place of work: Hazel Wood High School, although you may be asked to contribute towards Trust wide projects.
Normal working hours: Exams take place in the morning and afternoon (Monday to Friday), you will be required to attend as and when you are available. Timetables are issued prior to the exam season beginning.
The trust, on behalf of Hazel Wood High School, are seeking to expand their pool of a highly motivated and enthusiastic Casual Exam Invigilators. You will be part of an excellent team and provided with extensive support that will enable you to develop to your full potential both in this role and beyond.
Examinations can be extremely challenging for students, the role of exams invigilator is to help ensure they are conducted smoothly, so that all processes are followed robustly. Our team of invigilators contribute to efficient delivery of examinations by providing an orderly environment, offering clear instructions and a calming presence at a time of heightened anxiety for students.
The post would be ideally suited to applicants who are highly organized, vigilant and reliable, have excellent attention to details and have the ability to remain calm under pressure and the flexibility to be called at short notice.
Experience of being an exam invigilator is desired however full training will be provided.
Employees of Hazel Wood High School have a responsibility for, and must be committed to, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and for ensuring that they are protected from harm.
In return we can offer you:
• An opportunity to work within an inclusive and values driven organisation.
• Extensive support to develop your potential in this forward-thinking trust at an exciting time in our development.
• An opportunity to be part of a team of welcoming, dedicated and hardworking individuals.
• A true commitment to Continuing Professional Development with access to over 180 courses via the National College.
• Healthcare in the palm of your hand with Medicash, a Health Cash Plan that is paid for by the Trust and gives access to a range of benefits to support your wellbeing including:
o Covering the costs towards optical, dental and alternative therapy treatments such as Reflexology, Reiki and Indian head massage.
o Health screening, discounted gym memberships and a large range of retail discounts.
o Support with mental health, including access to 8 in person counselling sessions.
o Virtual GP - Accessible by smart phone or computer, same day appointments available at a time that suits you.
o Children can be added for free and share your Medicash benefits.