Permanent Contract(32.5 Hours p/w)
Elms Bank School, Manchester
Teaching Assistant Level 1
Normal place of work: Elms Bank, although you may be asked to contribute towards trust wide projects.
Normal working hours: Monday 8.45am – 4.45pm, Tuesday to Friday 8.45am – 3.30pm.
The post is 32.5 hours per week term time plus 5 additional days to be worked during periods of school closure.
The trust, on behalf of Elms Bank school, are seeking to appoint a highly motivated and committed Teaching Assistant (Level 1) who can join a team of dedicated professionals. You will be part of an excellent team and provided with extensive support that will enable you to develop to your full potential both in this role and beyond.
Our pupils are aged 11 to 19 years, with a diverse range of learning disabilities (PMLD, SLD, MLD, SEMH), combined with medical conditions, physical disabilities, visual impairment, hearing impairment, and/ or autism.
Successful candidates may be asked to work at either of our school or college sites, within one of our five pathways (Thrive, Explore, Inspire, Specialist Provision, or Nurture), either on a 1:1 basis or as part of a class.
The Teaching Assistant role provides high quality learning and pastoral support for our pupils as well as taking on additional responsibilities such as administering medication following NHS training.
In return we can offer you:
• An opportunity to work within an inclusive and values driven organisation.
• Extensive support to develop your potential in this forward-thinking trust at an exciting time in our development.
• An opportunity to be part of a team of welcoming, dedicated and hardworking individuals.
• A true commitment to Continuing Professional Development with access to over 180 courses via the National College.
• Healthcare in the palm of your hand with Medicash, a Health Cash Plan that is paid for by the Trust and gives access to a range of benefits to support your wellbeing including:
o Covering the costs towards optical, dental and alternative therapy treatments such as Reflexology, Reiki and Indian head massage.
o Health screening, discounted gym memberships and a large range of retail discounts.
o Support with mental health, including access to 8 in person counselling sessions.
o Virtual GP - Accessible by smart phone or computer, same day appointments available at a time that suits you.
Children can be added for free and share your Medicash benefits.